Please stop witching & moaning at me

Wednesday 9 May 2007

Okay, so I suspect that this wee rant could offend some people and lose me a few readers… but I don’t care cos you lot never leave me any comments anyway. Blogs are supposed to be interactive you know!

I’m not an overly sympathetic person. I mean, I’m supportive of people – if something bad has happened or if someone needs help or encouragement – hey, I’m there. I do take a fairly practical approach to most things though, and if you wanted someone to sit beside you for hours clucking and wiping your brow… well that someone probably isn’t me. If the tables were turned, I’d rather you cracked jokes to try and laugh me out of my misery than sat their sobbing with me in sympathy.

So it probably won’t surprise you to know that sometimes… just sometimes… the dark witch inside me really has to hold herself back from dishing out a few brash face slaps to get some people to tune into reality! …Oops, I shouldn’t have said that out loud should I?

I can be patient, but I find it very difficult past a certain point. I lose respect pretty quickly for people that repetitively whinge, moan or generally feel sorry for themselves without having the guts or motivation to do anything about it. There are opportunities for everyone everywhere; you just have to want to see them.

The following expressions have all been done-to-death and yet uncannily still hold true:

  1. The world does not owe you any favours. AKA: quit blaming everyone else.
  2. Shit happens to everyone. Sometimes small shit, sometimes big nasty shit. Recognise it, but don't live your whole life using it as an excuse for who you choose to be now.
  3. Actions speak louder than words. Always.
  4. You cannot control others' actions, but you do have control over your own.
  5. It is better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all. AKA: what are you so afraid of and is it really that bad?
  6. If people do not know you for who you really are, they cannot possibly love you. AKA: stop faking it.
  7. You are responsible for your own life and happiness. AKA: Live life like you mean it.

Right, I’m going to go now before somebody points out that I still haven’t stopped smoking or lost those extra pounds… and if anyone makes any comments about bloody Nelson hippies …well, just watch out :P

0 comments: