Like sands through the hourglass...

Wednesday 16 May 2007

If time is a commodity, where can I get some more?
I don’t want to pay for it; I’m feeling a little poor
I’d like some more hours in the day to do the stuff I like
To walk the dog, read a book, or maybe ride my bike

I would like to gallop my horse and keep him company
To sit quietly on a grassy hill; take time to simply be
A few hours to daydream - and many more to sleep
Practice being a couch potato …or run and jump and leap

To laugh with friends and lend a helping hand
Dress up in a party frock, boogie down to funky band
Time enough to follow up on all those bright spark plans
Bake a cake, roast a chook and down a few cold cans!

To use the bathroom without thinking - “crikey, it needs a clean”
Go off each day, be hard at work and make my wallet beam
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of my life
It could be worse - I could be bored - indeed that would be strife!

0 comments: