Single white female

Thursday 18 March 2010


Johnny Appleseed has been lurking for quite a while now, tempting and tormenting me with opportunities of change. After much deliberation over many months, I’ve finally decided to bite the bullet and go for a bit of a lifestyle shakeup. Goodbye rural pad and hello slap-bang inner city living (notwithstanding that this is Nelson we’re talking about here folks!)

Sometimes the universe just pushes you along in a certain direction. Where it becomes uncomfortable to remain in the status quo, whereas everything fits into place so seamlessly when you actually find the courage to move forward in some way. It takes on a life of its own and seems futile to resist. So despite an element of the unknown (where would we be without that), I’m just going with it.

I have a fantastic great big house in a primo location without even trying or jumping through the usual hoops - and a landlady who is bending over backwards to accommodate me. Every time I walk in the door, a harmonious vibe hits me in the chest and puts me in a good place. There is plenty of room, charm, character and amenities plus, complete with a fantastic office space to work from. All good.

What I need now is a housemate or two - and guess what? You can help me! If you know anyone groovy looking to share with someone else groovy (i.e. me), then please point them in my direction. But I’m also thinking you could help me with my flatmate selection criteria. We've all been there over the years - flatmates in all shapes, sizes and grips on reality (perhaps that should be another blog post). It’s bloody difficult to choose who to share your sacred space with from just half an hour’s chat and a perhaps a shared pot of tea.

So come, bring on your gems of knowledge and suggestions please…

0 comments: