Ladies will appreciate this

Tuesday 6 November 2007

If you’ve spent much time around me, you’ll know that I’m pretty much a low key jeans and t-shirt sort of gal. Every now and then I make an effort, but I’m really a tomboy at heart. That was until earlier this year when I took an evening class in style and fashion. I was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed it and how much it motivated me.

I am a woman; obviously I don’t need a lot of motivation to shop! More to step outside my comfort zone every now and then and try different things to see what works. Admittedly, sometimes the results are particularly tragic, but other times I feel like a million bucks. The best part is how much fun I have playing dress-ups just like I'm eight again!

My tutor told me the art of being stylish comes down to buying wisely and co-ordinating well. Did you know that most people wear 10% of their clothes 90% of the time? So this week I’ve put it all to the test. Every couple of months I head off for a few days of business/pleasure in Wellington. I always end up lugging this humungus bag around and most of its contents come home unworn. Last time the airport even plastered a HEAVY BAGGAGE >20KG sticker on it!

Not this time. Six days. A 3-day conference. Business meetings. Nights out on the town. Rugged adventures. What have I packed in my bag? My own personal record of only 14 separate articles of clothing. Please bear in mind it's wild windy Wellington, not known for its tropical climate. Wearing an average of 3 garments at any one time with no repetitive ensembles, I am ready to step out looking stylish for any and all occassions.

I’m taking bets on how many articles will come back unworn this time. See if I can get down to 10 items or less by next trip. I prefer to travel light…

0 comments: