The beard of knowledge

Monday 12 November 2007

Really flattered today. I was asked to consider an off campus part-time marking/teaching role for a NZ tiertiary institution. “We usually require a post grad qualification…” - I definitely don’t have one of those. “You are an outstanding student and technical writer…” – Err… thanks, I’ve been one for all of about 9 months! But keep on with the compliments eh, I don’t mind at all!

I see it all just as the beginning of achieving my goal of becoming NZ’s technical writing poster girl! The industry could definitely do with a shake up. The time is nigh. Rome wasn’t built in a day and all that, but still, watch this space…

In saying all that, a few years ago I never would have believed I would be working for myself, let alone aiming to actually stand up and be noticed. Part of it’s that underlying determined streak I was born with, but a lot of it is due to the really cool people around me in their various guises. Whether they realise it or not, they are a continuous source of inspiration and motivation for me. Thanks y’all - love u lots :)

0 comments: