Dear Santa...

Wednesday 3 October 2007

Predictably the Christmas retail craziness is starting again already - or maybe I just read too many magazines! Last year I came up with a barter-of-skills rather than presents theory, but no one really bought into that eh, so this year I've decided to jump on the consumerism bandwagon instead!

I'm skint so don't expect too much from me, but to make it easy for you all I've put a lot of thought into what I'd like to find gift wrapped under the tree for ME this year. I hardly ever get presents from anyone, so don't be shy about pushing the boat out! Yeah, I know I'm a cheeky bitch. However, if you're only 8 and get pretty paltry pocket money I've been thoughtful enough to include great gift ideas to suit all budgets.


Dear Santa Claus,

I've been a really good girl this year. I've only got drunk a handful of times, hardly touched any illegal drugs at all and indulged in very little inappropriate sex or otherwise. I have been kind to people and tried hard not to witch & moan too much when idiots have REALLY annoyed me. Bless. So translated, I reckon I deserve some really good stuff in my stocking this year. Here's my list, I"ll be sure to update it as other wants and desires come to mind.

  1. Most of all I'd like a horse float so me and my nag can cruise around and explore new places. I'd even be happy with good quality second-hand, but it must be a double!
  2. Perhaps something swanky to lie on in my lounge in the sun and on the patio. Blob beanbags are the coolest. BTW my decor is red, black and beige.
  3. Naturally return flights to practically anywhere are inspiring. Someone to go somewhere with would be an added bonus; do you have any plans for the new year Santa?
  4. I CRAVE Wagamama food. I'm drooling just thinking about it. They have opened some restaurants in Auckland now, but failing that, the Wagamama Cookbook would be good.
  5. Saw this in a magazine and thought it was a bloody good idea. I plan to drink lots of beer this summer.
  6. If you bought me a western saddle I might even consider sleeping with you (none of those cheap imitations mind!). I've already got the lasso to put on the side.
  7. A Wintec 2000 All Purpose saddle would also be tops. I've had my existing saddle for about 20 years and my posterior has grown a bit since then eh.
  8. I love the groovy little tins Vixen Condoms come in (excuse the pun). I'm sure they'd look real pretty in my purse eh. Would be even more fun using them.
  9. I am forever buying printer cartridges which drives me nuts. Not very exciting, but useful nonetheless - HP93 and HP98 is what I use. Thanks.
  10. Subscription to Wild Tomato, Simply You, Marie Claire or Inside Out would not be sniffed at. Would go well with the beanbag and the beer and the summer thing I reckon.
  11. I've been thinking of buying a crockpot. Im into self-cooking meals eh.
  12. I think I need to invest in some new tramping socks cos I've been getting blisters.
  13. Don't bother with flowers, I prefer plants. Succulents are my favourite cos they are practically impossible to kill and always provide a good patio background for drinking margaritas!
  14. For ages now I've been looking out for a really cool teapot in which to concoct refreshing brews. Unfortunately I'm yet to see one that calls to me "BE MINE!"
  15. As a woman naturally I am easily won over with trickets, lace and other trifles :P

Thanks Santa. You're da bomb. Lots of love from Thea xx

1 comments:

This is great! I really hope Santa comes up with the goods :-P