Familiarity breeds contempt?

Wednesday 4 July 2007

I’ve been feeling a little disillusioned of late. Disappointed at how mucked up people are. This whole happy families thing… I’m not convinced about it eh.

Observations this past week or so at how much people emotionally hurt one another, whether intentionally or not. Projecting blame and dishing out punishment without perhaps really taking into account what part the self may have contributed to whatever less than ideal scenario is playing out.

I’m intrigued (appalled?) at how much ego, insecurity and the need for control seems to get in the way and f**** things up between folk though. It’s probably not anyone’s fault. But equally, is it love?

Perhaps I’m just getting old and cynical. And unrealistic. Not to mention so out of practice I have no right whatsoever to comment! But you know what? I’m actually okay with that. I’m over lust and infatuation; it’s all pretty meaningless at the end of the day. I’d rather grow something.

Then you catch sight of a really old couple somewhere acting like in-love teenagers and you can’t help but smile and feel warm inside :)

0 comments: