Just call me "Chopper"

Tuesday 18 December 2007

Who ever said relocating to the provinces is a downward career move? To sum up the past year from a vocational perspective …well it's been interesting. Let me see, I’ve been apple bobbing, carried out roading inspections, wandered around sawmills in the middle of nowhere, worked for some large NZ companies, joined a local internet cluster, and learned lots about totally random things like aviation communication systems and battery banks. An upcoming assignment will see me being helicoptered to work in Golden Bay to project manage a property refit for someone who owns half the South Island. Just where will it stop I wonder?

One thing is for sure, life in Thea’s world is never dull. Freelancing from the provinces suits me just fine.

0 comments: